© British Pain Society 2023. All rights reserved.
GETTING TO GLASGOW
Glasgow is easy to reach and a cost effective, whether you’re based in the UK or further afield.
The city is served by three international airports and boasts the largest rail network in the UK outside of London.
- 3 international airports: Glasgow Airport, Edinburgh Airport and Glasgow Prestwick
- Daily Emirates flight from Dubai – with connections for Asia, Africa & Australasia
- Great worldwide connections via daily flights from London to Glasgow Airport
- Glasgow Airport is just 15 minutes from the city centre
- Glasgow Airport ranked 2nd in the UK panel of airports in the 2022 annual assessment by the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) Infrastructure Asset Benchmark report.
- Glasgow has two major train stations, Glasgow Central serving the South and Glasgow Queen Street serving Edinburgh and the North. Both stations are located in the heart of the city
- Daily direct trains from London – average journey time is just over 4 hours
GETTING AROUND THE CITY
Glasgow is a very compact city and easy to get around on foot. Most delegates will be able to walk from their hotel to the convention centre or any social events.
The city has a very extensive and efficient public transport system and offers rail travel passes for delegates.
Glasgow’s cycle hire scheme, OvoBikes, is a cost effective, green and healthy way for delegates to get around the city. Bikes are available to hire from various locations around the city, including the Scottish Event Campus (SEC).
Taxis in Glasgow are cost effective and easily accessible. A single journey from the city centre to the SEC has a journey time of 5-10 minutes.
CONFERENCE TRAVEL PASS
ScotRail's Conference Rover Ticket is a cost-effective and practical solution for delegates.
It offers delegates unlimited travel on the rail link between the SEC and the main hotel district and city centre, as well as half price rail travel around Scotland so delegates can discover a little bit more of what the country has to offer once the conference has ended.
No advance purchase is necessary and can be bought from one of the 'Conference Zone' ticket offices on presentation of a delegate badge.
The ScotRail Conference Rover Ticket is valid for 5 days.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Keep up with developments